1998 Chevy 4x4

I was in the process of installing brake control module for my camper and found 20a fuse 1 for stop lights/hazards blown. It keeps blowing no matter what I try. Hazards work fine and door ajar is good but as soon as I hit brake pedal it blows. Not sure if I did something with controller so put everything back to the way it was and still blowing fuse. Also which colour is cold side of brake switch? I have 6 wires going to switch and it is very hard to reach but I can see orange/white/black/purple/green/light green. Black might be brown hard to tell. Do I have to pull dash apart to get at this?

Reply to
trevor274

There is a brake sense wire that detects when you apply brakes and a power feed for the controller too. It sound like you are maybe hooking up the power feed to this circuit which can cause fuse to blow. Make sure the power feed for it it feed on a seperate fuse or circuit and just sense wire is attached to brake switch wire. (purple wire on switch)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan