Anyone here frequent alt.trucks.ford?

Hey guys,

Asked a question on alt.trucks.ford for a buddy of mine and I got a reply from "Thomas Moats." Anyone here frequent that ng and know if he is always suck a prick? Does he know what he is talking about?

The guy to know what he's talking about, but he's such an asshole I'm now wondering if I wanna listen to him!

Thx,

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

yep

LOL..... he can get a lot woese

Yep, he is a heck of a sharp guy, knows Fords inside and out.

For what it's worth the advice he gave on checking your harness was good. Your injectors work pretty much the same as they would on a GM product. One side is always hot when the key is On. The ECM gounds the other side to fire the injector. So if your noid light is always on either the ECM is junk or the wire is shorted between the injector and the ECM. For what it's worth I have replaced a couple of Windstar ECMs for just the problem you described. If you have any questions just email rwknutson at charter dot net. Bob

Reply to
Bob

I have been following your repartee with Thomas "Think About It" Moats over at alt.trucks.ford.

It's obvious that Thomas Moats is an asshole prick, but that doesn't keep you from corresponding with him.

The bickering between you and "Tommy" is hilarious. You guys are so alike.

Every newsgroup has a special contributor -- alt.trucks.ford has Thomas Moats and alt.trucks.chevy has you.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

Drawing a paralellism between me and Mr. Moats? I be offended if I valued your opinion in the slightest, which I do not.

Think about it

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

It seems to me that although you wanted 'more' information, he gave you all that you 'needed' to make the diagnosis. I agree that giving you the exact location of the ECM would have been nice. I wonder how you would have reacted if someone asked you for advice and then argued with you about it. Actually, I've read enough of your posts to know how you'd react.;) The best part of that whole thread is that I learned enough that I think even I could now diagnose a similar problem:) H

Reply to
Hairy

Inline..................

Ya think?

The arguing didn't start until much later in the thread when he wasn't answering my questions and was a result of my frustration in that he HAD the information I needed, just refused to give it. In fact, I never really argued with his advice or said that it was incorrect, I just wanted the frikkin' location of the ECM and the pin # of the injector ground. I have never and would never purposefully withold information from anyone, no matter how irrelevant it might be to the problem at hand just to prove a point or be an ass. If someone in here argued with my advice I'd let them know that it was worth exactly what they paid for it (nothing!) and leave it at that. Seems a few folks in here think I'm a bit more prickish than I really am....................

The reason I was irate is that I really needed to know the pin number for injector #6 ground. Maybe not for diagnostic purposes, but certainly for repair purposes if the wire ended up being shorted to ground. Yeah, I could have found the coloring scheme for the wire and found it that way, but I'd much rather just find a pin than sort thru 100's or wires looking for a green wire with a red stripe.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I was gonna say... That Moats asshole was one of the reasons I quit frequenting THAT group (that and the fact that I no longer own any Fords) and YOU are one of the reasons I know I'll always get a decent answer from THIS group.

I guess Scott has nothing to type up a two page rant about these days...

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Well, I don't go to the ford groups, and I don't know Thomas Moats. I will agree with the rest of Tony's post. Doc, Mr Goodwrench in Canada, and our humorist in Florida (and a couple of others) know their shit. Good advice every time and the price can't be beat. If somebody has a problem with Doc, they should just stay in the ford group.

Reply to
George

Ya Doc, he's a major prick. Your just a minor one;). I've gone round and round with him before. I don't think he likes to help like the rest of us, I think he just wants to show off his Ford knowledge and try to impress everyone.

Reply to
Scott M

SHIT!

I always miss the good shit!

I wish I was there for that exchange, you have a more colorful way of making people looking like asses, than my babbarism Doc.

Later Doc!

Refinish King

PS He's a F.O.R.D. guy, the attitude comes naturally when you drive shit and love it!

Reply to
Refinish_King1