Eastnor piccys here...

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:48:39 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

i think I may have a picture of you taking pictures.......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I'm glad the weather was good for you all!

and just because i always feel bad for never making any meets - heres some proof that i have a good excuse this time as I achieved something topical this week&weekend!

Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Oooo suits you sir!

Looking good! Are you doing the wheels too? Then the bolt on step on the wheel black.. that would give goon zen ;-)

Certainly a good colour for Eastnor next year..... though I am expecting an apperance at Malvern & the October Unofficial :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

wooops...Sorry to anyone who may have taken humbridge...I meant "good" but I'm suffering from a severe toasting.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

back wheel on that side is done!. as was the tank until it got covered in overspray! The dents dont really look bad. the even colour has smoother them all out a bit!

Hoping to get the last day of spraying finished this week then can move along to something else :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

are you calling me a goon!? :p

Though I think 'goon zen' might sum up how one feels after a very long (8am till 9pm) but satisfying day of spraying when you sit down at the end of the day feeling totally knackered and sunburnt yet satisfied to have got somewhere!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Well....Bagheera was *next* to the 101 stand :-) Did you spot him?

Elvira went around the offroad course and I now have a very happy wife as she wasn't happy owning an offroader that she hadn't used in anger :-) (*cough* Elvira is not a Land Rover....)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:48:39 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

buggrit, looks like it was a good do. nemmind, there's always Malvern.

oi, Martyn, what about the Purple Land Rover Club?... hmmm, remove the Land bit and it can be PRC which could be amusingly confused with the People's Republic of China... or of course, write Landrover all in one word and it can be PLC.

basically, I reckon all we need is a working definition of what's acceptably purple, so something ranging from about as dark as Edward to a bit lighter than Grumble... anything much lighter than Grumble gets a bit near to being mauve.

I daresay we can have honorary purple membership for people who paint 'em in unlikely colours, like Dave French and the 6x6, for example, and for anyone else we like the look of.

I'll have to see if I can mix any paint to match Edward, the tailgate could do with painting, and I spose I ought to touch up the front wing. Might also change the screen and bumper and so forth from being black, although I'm not sure what colour I'd do 'em instead. Silver, maybe.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

How was is anyway? Child with Colic prevented us from going in the end , real shame, was it worth going?

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

I was wondering if it was yours (actually, by the VRN knew it was after the UK-LRO stuph), a Premier League Football player, or a drug dealer...

Reply to
Mother

Dave R uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Well.... apart from a most frustrating first couple of hours pitching the caravan twice, no fault of any one here it was a super relaxed weekend of chilling out. Stand was not overly busy but I was pleased to see a steady number of what appeared to be seriously interested future 101 owners asking all the right questions and making all the right noises when checking out the various conversions.

I got a few toys, one of them steel sparky fire lighter wotsits for the fire starter jnr. A green Camo net cos I couldn't find a sand one..... then 10 minutes later a sand one... kids will claim the green one for in the garden for their climbing frame, closest we'll get to a tree such is the newness of our house.

Er.... Models , books and a rad cap. Two bottles of Lemonade and a bottle of Pimms, several ice creams so quite restrained really.

Company was priceless I have to say and the Grumbleplex was as usual most entertaining.

Yer missed a good'un get yer ass'es to Malvern and the October Unofficial ;-)

Also muted was the concept of a Landrover Owners Camping club.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:22:21 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

are you sure a fire starter is the correct piece of kit to give him. He was trying to learn how to make traps as well.... A future Ray Mears in the making ??????

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

He'll not be getting his mits on it for a few years yet, by which time I guess I'll be so attached to it he'll want a new'un, It's awkward trying to strike a balance between a healthy interest / hobby and breeding a potential arsonist ;-)

He was last seen disapearing with my magnifying glass muttering something about sun and sticks....Steve??? ;-)

He loves watching Ray Mears so is well into that kind of stuff. I've got to get some of his series on DVD assuming it's on DVD as I love it myself.

I'm now looking at the shredder bin and wondering how big my tinder box really needs to be to last a nuclear winter.... you know just in case and all that ;-).

Seriously though, next item on the wish list is a Kelly Kettle now so I can be a proper survivalist nutter seeing as Guns are all but banned.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:39:05 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

I've got one, they're bloody wonderful, boil a cup of tea using any fuel you care to use!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Kelly kettle, water purification kit, some pre-made expedition food packs (about £2 per meal), some army ration packs, some kind of multi-fuel burner etc, lovely stuff!

Amazon has some good books on surviving in the wild, although I don't think I'd recommend the one I just bought, "Food for Free" by Richard Mabey, many of the pictures are decorative and hard or impossible to identify plants from, and it's just plants, no "how to kill and cook badgers" or whatever.

Ray Mears' books are apparently a bit of a mix, some stuff about how to dig up some obscure root in the middle of the Kalahari, then on to some food in Britain, then off to Alaska etc, I've not tried any of those yet.

Any recommendations from anyone regarding good books on how to live post-supermarket?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

He did once turn up at a show, can't for the life of me remember which one, thought it may have been Eastnor. Then met him at a 'do' a couple of years ago and asked him if he remembered the purple 101? "Is that the one with the big black dog?" was his reply. Didn't know whether to be offended or not :-) He's a member of another fraternity I frequent, so may bump into him again in August. I can ask him to sign a copy of one of his books if you like?

Forget the shredder, get some Maya sawdust (also sold in expensive little tins as 'Maya Dust'). The best way to learn to use your firestick IMO. Best way to start a fire - without petrol or lighter, is to get a Brillo pad, pull it into a 12" long thread, then put each end on the car battery. Kids really love learning that ;-)

They're made near Gaydon (have the address somewhere). Wouldn't be without mine.

Here it is in Eire, complete with dog on string!

Mother

You'll probably laugh, but a good start is to look in your local Scouting and Guides shop.

Reply to
Mother

Who me ? Its a fair cop. Overhead projector lenses are ace in this regard. Glad I didn't bring one now.

Steve

Reply to
Steve