Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chevy S10 2000 - engine stalls to a very slow acceleration rate; oil pressure drops
My daughter's Chevy S10 truck (year 2000), after driving for a bit, apparently stalls to a very slow acceleration rate. The oil pressure drops very low at the same time. Then, for the rest of her...
11
11

99 GMC Suburban - EGR Issues
I just replaced the EGR valve in my 99 Suburban (K1500 - 5.7L) ? again. I am wondering if there is something else that I should look at. I would imagine that the new valve could fail as well (because...
17
17

Backpressure on V6 S10?
While surfing another group ( I came across a conversation about poor performance on a '82 S10. One issue came up about how the aftermarket dual exhaust might be flowing with not enough backpressure...
13
13

88-98 Escalade Conversion Kit from APC
Has anyone seen these kits? They make a few different styles, but I'm going for this one want a new truck, but don't want to spend that kind of money. I figure since my 93 is in such great shape, and...
6
6

Re-filling Coolant Questions 96 k1500 5.7L
I cant seem to get more than 1 -3/4 gallons of coolant back in after completely draining it all out. Manual says 96 K1500 5.7L w/AC = 20 qts Could I possibly not have drained it all? I pulled the...
9
9

DTC P0125
Used my ODB II code reader to troubleshoot a Service Engine Soon light. It quickly returned the following. P0125 Insufficient coolant temperature for closed loop fuel control What does it mean?
14
14

How do I siphon gas from Chevy S-10 pick up
I am trading in the truck and it has a full tank of gas and I woulg like to take it out and put it in my other cars. I can not seem to get the hose down into the tank, it seems to hitting on something...
14
14

Helper springs, or weight distributing hitch?
Guys, I'm getting ready to pull our 22' camper trailer out for one of two vacations this year. I backed up to it this weekend, and I'm not happy with the way the truck sits. The rear drops lower than...
4
4

4L60E trans. pan bolt torque specs
Need torque specs for '03 Envoy transmission pan bolts using new gasket. Did my annual "drain the pan & new filter" routine and discovered I didn't have the correct specs to reinstall the pan. TIA
22
22

anyone know how to test a 4wd actuator ?
I have a 1990 chev 4x4 the actuator wire was unplugged, the guy I bought the truck from said it was broken... .I plugged it back in to try it but the 4wd does not seem to be engaging.. The light in...
16
16

2004 GMC Instrume nt Cluster Self Test
Is there a way to trigger a self diagnosis of the instrument cluster of a 2004 GMC Pickup? I know with some Fords I can hold the odometer reset when I turn the ignition switch to "run" and trigger a...
1
1

99 7.4L K3500 - Losing power and mileage
This has always been a great place to come for good information and I'm hoping this time won't be any different. ;) I can generally get around 12-13 mpg with pure interstate driving (no big headwinds...
14
14

1989 Dash light problem
Hi, I have been having a problem with the dash lights on my 1989 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup. When I turn on the headlights the turn signal lights will stay on solid, the gauges will quit working or peg all...
15
15

89 s10 no fuel spraying out of injector
I have a 89 s10 it just quit on me all the sudden no problems before that it is not spraying any gas out of the injector i put anew fuel filter, new fuel pump,new injector, new computer still the same...
14
14

Electric Air Pump Motor A.I.R. Smog 12555164 is taking up too much room
My year 2000 Chevy Tahoe has a Electric Air Pump Motor to help re-introduce hydrocarbons from the exhaust manifold to the air injection system, to reduce emissions. This is a good thing, and all cars...
2
2

what is the gvw of a 1999 chevy k3500
gvw vin# 1GBJK34R1XF025736
2
2

Rear-Facing Dash Cam: Where To Mount In/on Pickup Truck?
Not a backup cam. A dashcam with high rez that records what it sees. Seems like the rear window of a pickup cab does not work. The bed gets in the way and the cam is not high enough - so that somebody...

03 chevy awd express van, brake warning light and alarm sounds while moving but
this alarm will only sound when the heater is on, if i turn the heater off once it cools down the alarm goes off and the brake indicator light stops flashing. I have replaced the warning bell and it...
1
1

no communication between scanner and PCM
I was thinking of buying a Chevy so I had it checked out by Firestone...... mechanically it was fine, but when the tech. tried to read the scanner for codes he said nothing came back........ the check...
4
4

OBD2/ABS Software recommendations?
I redid my head gaskets on my 99 Suburban. I now can't get the thing to run correctly, not able to set the Cam Retard Offset. I have an Innova 3130, but it doesn't read that setting. I then got an...
2
2