Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

coolant leak*****
88 Chevy Blazer 4.3 TBI Auto 184,000 Mi. Started out of nowhere. Its leaking from the front of the engine, It is not the rad. or hoses. The top of the engine is dry. You can only see the leak from the...
3
3

Jasper Transmissions
Does anyone have experience with [or advise regarding] Jasper's transmissions? The 3yr/75,000mi warranty sounds good, they have a good reputation[?], and they appear to do a fairly complete rebuild......
5
5

Removing power steering pump bracket on 1990 K1500
Anyone have experience removing the power steering pump bracket on a 1990 Chevy K1500? I am trying to install headers on my truck but the power steering pump bracket on the driver's side blocks the...
2
2

removing visor for more MPG?
I've got a Lund cab visor on my 1991 Z71. I've been told by several people that pulling it will get me 2 or 3 mpg on the highway (which is most of my driving). I can attest to its wind resistance, as...
31
31

Fluttering brake pedal?
I have a 98 Chev short box 4x4 Chyenne, 100,000 kms, on which the front brake pads were recently replaced along with the back shoes I believe, and the rear routers were cleaned up. Now in the first...
1
1

89 s10 Vacuum Leak behind Dash??
I have an 89 s10 4.3 4x4 which has been running great. The other day when I went to start it up I heard what sounds like a vacuum leak or hissing air sound. Ive checked under the hood several times...
8
8

IAC valve Pintle adjustment
'88 Suburban 350 TBI/TH700, 4x4 The subject line says it, what is the proper adjustment for the pintle?
18
18

Error Codes
I have a '99 GMC K1500 Suburban. I have been fighting with rough running for over a year. I now have 2 error codes, P0102 and P0340, MAF error and camshaft sensor errors. Per my Innova 3130 at highway...
5
5

Blazer suspension question...Too much bounce and body roll
My wife has a 2001 Chevy Blazer LT with about 75k miles on the engine. My question revolves around the suspension. You tend to feel what I am talking about at highway speeds. If there is a dip in the...
4
4

2003 Trailblazer 4.2L Stalling
Greetings, I have a 2003 Trailblazer, 45K miles, it still stalls out, Ck engine light came on, a couple times so far the idle will race when coming to a stop. I had it to the dealers, 561 bucks later,...
2
2

94 S10 Blazer 4x4 transmission vacuum lines
I recently purchased a 94 S10 Blazer 4x4. While performing various maintinance/service, I noticed the 3 vacuum lines, that go to the vacuum switch on top of the transmittion/transfer case, were rotten...
4
4

2002 Silverado No low beam follow up No ground to lowbeams
Hello again So heres the deal (NO Ground to low beams) I went out with my multimeter in hand today and found that the headlights have no ground on the lowbeams now my most logical thought was to just...
5
5

Autotrac Transfer Case (NP236)
Can someone send me a link to a tech site that talks about the NP236 transfer case? I would like to understand more about the autotrac mode. My assumption is that in this mode, the front axel must be...
2
2

Are there any parts I shouldn't use Anti-Seize on?
This summer I've done more work on cars myself than ever before. I started to think that I want have this truck long enough to need to repeat some of the repairs I've done. With that in mind, I've...
23
23

Whistle sound increase with the engine rpm.
I need help in determining if I have a bigger problem then I just experienced. I recently had a fan clutch failure which destroyed the radiator, fan, fan pulley, $$$$. The failure happened when the...
13
13

Blazer Compass Problem
We own a 2002 four door LS S-10 Blazer that has the overhead console with the temperature/compass display. The compass just started to act strange in that when the vehicle is started up the direction...
4
4

G20 Van Wiper Motor / Module
Can anyone point me to detailed instructions for removing / replacing the wiper motor and / module on my 1995 Chevy G20 van? Wipers have gone intermittent - somtimes work - sometimes don't - usually...
5
5

2000 Silverado 2500 U1026 U1041 Codes
I am getting the U1026 abd U1041 codes on my 2000 Silverado 2500 4X4 with the 6.0L. The symptoms include the battery light coming on and losing power to the following items: 1. No 4WD lights come on...

SUPER loud TBI injectors
I have a 1991 K1500 with the 5.7. I recently replaced both injectors in the TBI and installed a new gasket set. shortly there after, a "noise" showed up that is really loud in the cab and can only be...
14
14

2001 Chevy Tahoe Aux Input Question
I am trying to install an IPOD into a 2001 Chevy Tahoe and currently am using a casette adapter. I noticed that the audio deck has an AUX button and a CD changer button. Where is the AUX input? What...
7
7