Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

It's Grinding >.<
I bought an '87 S-10 4x4 Blazer Tahoe with the 2.8 V6 and 224K on it. The Motor runs like it's brand new right off the Showroom floor. The ol' Woman that owned it took decent care of it, but never...
1
1

2000 CHEV S10 cold start problem
Hi guys, any techs browsing?? : ) Complaint is difficult starting in morning, or even after being off for an hour. It just came in so haven't done much on it yet. No codes except evap small leak...
4
4

P0101 Error Code
I have a 99 K1500 suburban that has been giving me lots of trouble. I have replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, a catalytic converter, and rear oxygen sensors. Now I have a P0101...
2
2

91 Chevy K1500, Need source of supply for leaf spring U bolts, U bolt anchor plates, and top spacer
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 4WD 1/2 ton pickup truck with a short bed. The truck has a Conventional two door Cab and the wheel base is 117.5 inches. The engine size is a 4.3 V6, engine code...
6
6

1996 Astro van engine issue ---rehashed...
Updated..... 1996 Astro Van. cranks, good spark, good fuel, may idle, but falls on its face when throttle is touched (like it is starved for fuel). Once you get it to actually start & idle, it idles...
1
1

89 chevy S10 Rear brake line leak looking for cheap alternative to fix!
Lord have mercy this darn truck has drove me nuts!! Well first I replaced the front brake lines which were leaking due to rust rubbing them raw, just to discover that after bleeding them there was...
7
7

Fitting size for 1988 chevy 454 air injector manifold
what is the diameter and thread count of the fittings on the air injector manifold that screws into each of the exhaust pipes on the factory header of a 1988 454CID engine???? I really need some help...
5
5

1994 k1500 5.7 ltr --- loss of power
Any way I have a 1994 Chevy Blazer 5.7 ltr All of a sudden I have loss of power. Poor acceleration. truck start fine This I have checked and replaced Replaced Spark plugs and wires fuel filter Checked...
7
7

I had my early 80's Jimmy towed and 4wd doesn't engage anymore
About 1/2 hour after it was off the wrecker, I noticed the front hubs were hotter than a son of a ...... I tried putting it in 4H and 4L, but the auto hubs don't feel like they engaged. In the mud,...
14
14

Q-jet fuel well plugs leaking
A couple of other problems but not common are the carb being bolted to the intake with excessive torque and fuel well plugs leaking. If the carb is overtightened with the four bolts mounting it to the...
1
1

Is the transfer case fluid completely separate from transmission fluid on 91 Chevy K1500? Also, what is the size of the filler & drain plug on the transfer case
Hi everyone, Is the transfer case fluid completely separate from the Automatic Transmission fluid on a 91 Chevy K1500 ? This is the transmission with 16 bolts on the transmission oil pan (I think the...
5
5

"Standard" rear axle size & spline # for 1998 Z71 K1500 ???
Does anyone _know_ if there is a "standard" rear axle size & # of splines for a 1998 K1500 Z71 Extra Cab pickup? Thinking about replacing open rear carrier with G80 or other locking differential and I...
1
1

bucking 2500 diesel
I have a 1997 turbo diesel 2500 4X4 chevy pick-up [i think it has a 6.5L or 6.3L motor]. Just had a jasper transmission and motor installed [rebuilt, 90,000]. Problem is, I got it back about two weeks...
2
2

2002 Blazer 4.3L (Code P0440)
My service engine soon light has been on for months now. I figure it is time to fix before emissions inspections come around. This code indicates a malfunction in the EVAP system I suspect that a leak...
3
3

1984 2.8L V6 questions
hey everyone, I have a 1984 Chevy S-10, 4-wheel drive, 2.8L V6 - before I got it, I think someone that did know what they were doing got ahold of it - and changed some things that are causing problems...

Tahoe wipers wont shut off
Anyone had a problem with a 2002 chevy tahoe where the wipers wont shut off anymore? I had to pull the fuse to get them to stop. Brian
7
7

83 Chevy Suburban rear window stuck down (HELP)
I have a 83 Suburban that the electric window won;t go up. I want to pull out the motor and replace it but don't know how. Does anyone know how to get the window up so I can get to the motor? Al
7
7

1992 silverado brake light on dashboard turned on??
The 2 lights together(1 showing an exclamation mark and the other showing brake) turned on and wont turn off?? If I turn truck off and restart and drive it takes it a few minutes before it pops back...
11
11

oil filter housing gasket on a 1997 blazer s10 4x4
Does anybody know how to get to the oil filter housing gaskets on a 1997 blazer s10 4x4?
5
5

Rear pinion seal
Hey Guys I am looking to replace the rear pinion seal on my 98 Silverado but have never done so. The Haynes manual I have is a little vague on the seal replacement. I was told by a friend that I need...
11
11