Exhaust question

ok, my friend has a 1994 Chevy dually, and for what ever reason, he REALLY wants a full dual exhaust on it. However, the truck only has one cat, so right now, he would have to take it down to one cat, then back to two pipes. Is it legal (in California) to ADD a second cat and run the two in parallel for a true dual?

thanks for any feedback!

Reply to
Trey

Take a peak under a New 2001 or better, 2500 or 3500 I don't know how they get around it but there was only a cat on the right pipe going into the muffler. The left pipe had nothing, unless they had a cat toward the manifold. I don't remember having a variation for Cali, unless they sourced it somewhere else.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Anything other than how it left the factory is illegal in California. You could run a cat-back system, but add another cat and you'll fail inspection.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"