Painting A Black 'Burb White?

Been shopping for months now trying to find a replacement for my '98 (roof rusting through).

I'm finding a unexpected number of vehicles that fit my requirements in every way, except that they are black.

OTOH other colors, no luck.

Nothing against black per-se, but it doesn't seem practical in hot weather/direct sun - besides looking like some sort of security vehicle.

Is there any reason why a black 'burb couldn't be given an el-cheapo coat of white? I'm thinking about coverage/bleed-through issues.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Why would you want to cover the relatively decent quality factory black paint with a layer of cheap white? The cheap white is going to weather a lot worse then the black is going to if you plan to keep the thing more then a couple years.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Just a thought, what if you (Pete) just paint the roof white. (similar to a Mini paint scheme)

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle