Creating a CD and playing in my Ford

Has anyone burned a music cd and put an adhesive label on it only to have it get stuck in the cd player? I had an 01 Mustang with a Mach system that would do this. I just got a 03 Escape and was wondering if the cd player would still do this? I can try it this evening after work. I was just curious if this is a typical problem with car stereos and cdr's with labels on them.

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
Greg

I too burn CDs and play them in my car CD changer. I use a permanent marker instead of the labels to label them as this can become an expensive ordeal to remove the CD and/or label from a jammed up changer. My opinion is: don't use the adhesive labels. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Todd Blackwell

It's not so much the players fault. Labels have a tendency to curl at the edges from heat, so anything I leave in the car I mark with a Magic Marker.

Reply to
berkshire bill

Right, it ain't your player it's your labels.

john

Reply to
asadi

I have an '02 Escape with the 6-CD changer and I use only magic marker on my home-made CD's. The label glue gets soft when warm, and South Carolina certainly gets warm! I believe it even cautions in the manual not to use any labels on them. Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.

Thanks everyone. I will just write on them instead and save the labels for something else.

Greg

Reply to
Greg