vibration at 60 mph on Silverado pickup

When driving my 2000 Silverado 2500 I get a vibration that only lasts a second between 60-65 mph. It happens only at acceleration and not on deceleration. I have tried to determine if the transmission is shifting when it is happening and it does not seem to be. It seems to shift at 55 mph on a normal acceleration and shortly after that I get a vibration, then it rides fine. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, it just keeps doing it.

Any one else have this problem or know what the heck is wrong?

Reply to
laughterman10

Check U-joints in rear drive shaft.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

It could also be the drive shaft spline joint lock up do to lack of

annual 'slippery greasing' or the non purchase of the nickel

plated universal spline U joint. I can feel the difference in summer

having my 2000 1500 Z-71 spline joint lubed. Under drive shaft

load the whole leaf spring rear end ride function in a much smoother.

I remember by NVH training in noise, vibration, & harshness.

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Reply to
Verizon News

Per Verizon News:

I'd also think about how old the tires may be. Understood that the OP specified certain acceleration/deceleration scenarios... but I just replaced my tires (45k miles) and several weird vibration-type issues went away. Granted, it might have just been the balancing... but past experience suggests to me that my tires don't last much over 30k before something inside starts to break down to the detriment of their ride/handling.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)