92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

what that means?

Reply to
Sid Schweiger

Hi all

I just finished replacing my clutch but for some reason when i connected my clutch cable i had to adjust it to almost the very end of the threads, as if my clutch is still old. its working right now but if its a brand new clutch shouldn?t i have a lot more room for adjustment? does anybody know what is wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
hockey_guy3000

I HAVE A 1988 ACURA LEDGEND, CRANKS GOOD BUT DOES NOT RUN UNTIL I SPRAY STARTER FLUID OR CARB CLEANER IN THE THROTTLE BODY. HELP

Reply to
VERNON CARTER via CarKB.com

I have a Acura TL 3.2 2000. Everytime I turn on the car, the 'SRS' light stays on. Does anyone know what that means?

Reply to
Kenneth

need more info...

how many miles? last tune up? changed fuel filter? do you hear the fuel pump priming in key1 position?

Reply to
James S

My 94 Legend had alarm issues. After parking the car the alarm would sometimes randomly go off while parked in the garage. According to my mechanic the actuators in the doors caused the problem. Apparently it is fairly easy to deactivate them, I think it can even be done with duct tape, but I never bothered since it only happened on occasion.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Gary

Where's the best place I could purchase a decent '97-'99 Acura that could then be transported to Puerto Rico? Any websites you recommend? My budget for the whole thing (including shipping) is about $10K.

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe

LOW MILES, NEW TUNE UP, JUST REPLACED,NEW FILTERS

Reply to
VERNON CARTER via CarKB.com

FUEL PUMP PRIMING

Reply to
VERNON CARTER via CarKB.com

I don't know any specifics about where you are or shipping to PR, but generally used cars are about as cheap here in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada as they are anywhere and it is a port city from which vehicles are shipped to many destinations worldwide and to which cars shipped from, again, many countries and subsequently distributed throughout Canada. MZ

Reply to
MZ

Hi,

I am buysing this car used, with 75kilometer (not miles) and it has had oil changes every 6-7000 km. SHouldn't it be every 4000?

PS. It is regular oil and NOT systhetic.

I looked at the oil stick and the oil was black. Is it burning oil

Please advise

Reply to
floppy

Not unless it has been driven in severe conditions. Every 7500 is the normal conditions change interval.

Oil is supposed to get black. Is there a maintenance history for the car? Of more concern than the oil is the timing belt. Has it been changed? It doesn't need changing on the basis of milage, being due at

144,000 km, but it is overdue on time (6 years) if it hasn't been changed.

See:

John Ings

All the oil change history for every 6-7 k is there. But the timing belt hasn't been replaced. How much is the cost of that approximately in CDN dollar?

The engine was clean, but I saw some sand/yellow things in the engine. Is this normal. BTW: carfax shows clean history.

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
floppy

"floppy" wrote in news:ZFG4e.905411$Xk.371576@pd7tw3no:

Oh, $200-300 or so, plus tax. More if you go to the dealer.

Hondas are interference engines. Skip changing the belt, and it can result in a thousand dollars of work.

Carfax won't tell you much if anything. Carfax still does not show the fender-bender from three years ago on my VIN.

Where was this "sand/yellow things"? Ran out with the oil? Was it squishy or gritty? It's not normal, but may not be fatal.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Thanks for replying.

So I should get that changed at 6 years, regarding the condition ( i live vancouver BC)?

Just around engine compartment. Looked like they drove in a sandy road.

Does carfax shows major accidents,fraud,VIN modification? How can I check the VIN so it has't been termpered or fake carefully, other than matching the one on the door with the body?

Is there a website that shows how to check for accidents on the body/VIN check etc? I know samarian.com, but any other ones?

Also, how can I check the ABS system?

Thanks

Reply to
floppy

"floppy" wrote in news:afL4e.910422$8l.841632@pd7tw1no:

Absolutely! Don't delay, do it today!

Normal. They probably drove in an area where they spead sand on the roads for snow. You should see my engine compartment. You could build a sand castle in there.

That stuff needs to be reported to CarFax by insurance companies and the like. If it never gets reported, it never shows up.

The VIN is stamped on the firewall just below where the wipers bolt on, and on the plate visible in the lower left corner of the windshield, and on the door sticker.

Very later model cars sold in the US will also have white VIN stickers on every major body part. We do not have those stickers up here.

Not that I know of. For accident damage, your best weapon is your own eyes. It's *really* obvious once you know what to look for.

Find a road with gravel shoulders. Drive at maybe 25mph or so, and run two wheels off onto the shoulder. Now brake moderately hard, increasing force until you hear a loud growling noise. If you eventually get that growling, the ABS is working fine. When it's safe, move to the other side of the road and do the same thing with the wheels on that side.

Reply to
TeGGer®
1988 accura integra vibrates when stopped in gear; smoothes out when taken out of gear. tried replacing front engine mount - still has vibration. help!??!!
Reply to
jojo35fish

Presently have a 91 Integra with 240K miles. Purchased it with 99K miles. No clutch issues. I went and test drove a 95 Integra GSR with

113K a guy is selling. Thinking about upgrading...:). He had to replace the clutch at 90K miles. Should a clutch not last longer than 90K miles? Was wondering if other Integra owners might chime in. When I test drove the car, I noticed about 1/2 pedal of play. The clutch in my 91 Integra may have 1 inch of play. Are these clutches easily adjusted?

I will say this 95 is alot tighter than my 91, also alot more power with the VTec vs my 91.

THanks!

Reply to
B.Creech

"B.Creech" wrote in news:m615e.27384$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Of course. It can last over 245,000 miles with the right kind of treatment, and 245K is exactly where mine stands at this moment.

At this point there is question on mine as to what will go first: The clutch friction disc, its springs, or the transmission bearings. All are fine as of today (tranny bearings a bit noisy tho', and 2nd gear synchro

*definitely* feeling its age).

Conversely, driving school cars go through a clutch at about 30K miles.

It's all about the driver, what kind of driving he does, and how he does it.

The '91 should be measured at the release arm. 5/32" play in the cable is good. Later cars had hydraulic linkages.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Vernon, did it run well before?

Need to know the mileage.

It could be:

-fuel injectors, clogged or old

-main relay

-ignitor, infamous to go out on this generation Legend--it would crank but not fire, in the 1-70 chance of running the car would seem normal and can die in the street

With you saying using carb cleaner helping it start, my suspicion would be the injectors or the intake valves sticking. Cant say w/o knowing the mileage. Get a bottle of Chevron Techron Fuel System cleaner for the gas tank...this stuff works bigtime; I got this stuff when I bought a used Yamaha FZR600 with clogged needles...difference was night & day.

Reply to
James S