92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Dear friends & Group,

It is rumoured that we are going to hit close to a $1.42 a Litre by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the don't buy gas on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, this is a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

We all know that we're being controlled by the oil companies. Does everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any shortage now, and the oil is more abundant than it was

35 years ago when the price of a litre of gas was 29 cents!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre of gas is CHEAP at $0.78-$0.85, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we cant just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), PETRO CANADA, SHELL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of PETRO CANADA and SHELL buyers. Its really simp! le to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and Ill explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Ill bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $0.64 OR LESS RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

The concept of boycotting particular gasoline retailers or wholesalers has never worked and will never work, because the entire market is responding to the laws of supply and demand. With the burgeoning of auto markets in China and India, good luck with controlling demand.

If you want to pay less for gasoline, buy less gasoline. Trade for a more efficient car or drive less, or both. If you can't or won't do that, at least spare us the crackpot ideas.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

Even more than that: Oil companies regularly sell base stocks to each other. If one has a glut, they will sell it on the open market.

Boycott one brand, and the others will pick up the slack and experience an INCREASE in demand.

If anything, a boycott of the sort promulgated by the OP could result in HIGHER prices as the non-boycotted suppliers bid up spot prices in an attempt to fill the sudden change in demand caused by the boycott.

And crackpot it is. Also crackpot is the notion that they are sudddenly making a killing on gas and are "controlling" prices.

It's true that, for instance, Exxon has increased their net by some 13% over the last complete fiscal year (from an 8% margin to 9%), but they don't "control prices".

An interesting link, sort of relevant here:

TeGGer®

This is just Spam. See:

Sandy

Anyone have any idea why my 99 tl's factory radio will not play 80 minute cdr's? I put the disk in and I can hear it trying to read the disks, but it ejects after about 20 seconds. 72 minute disks play fine. Is their a setting on my software that I need to select (I'm using Ahead's Nero 5) thanks Mike Allen

Reply to
bluez

When try to start I get click click click....... Broke down in highway.....boosted it and it started.......then half way home bucking like crazy then shut down and now will not start with boost.....click click click

Suggestions? My guess starting motor

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Possibly. Also bad battery, bad battery connection, bad cables, bad starter solenoid.

Try this. Turn headlights on. Try the starter. If the headlights do not dim, the starter isn't drawing current or the starter solenoid isn't letting current through. If the headlights dim, the starter is drawing current but bad cables or connections aren't allowing enough current to flow.

See also

John Ings

"Devils Advocate" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

Igniter, maybe.

TeGGer®

I'm thinking it's a more basic electrical problem. You have two symptoms - failure to crank, and dying when it had been running. My hunch is a connection in the battery wiring or similar.

I am especially puzzled by the sequence. It was running, then died but started with a boost (suggesting the battery wasn't charging even though you were on the highway)... then died with symptoms that are consistent with the voltage fading away, but wouldn't crank even with a boost.

If you reach the point of needing to try *something* I'd recommend replacing the battery (or swapping with another car) and replacing the battery cables - or at least giving them a good inspection and cleaning.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Ok I didn't get much help with the Integra question...that's ok

My next question is about a Legend coupe, 5 speed, whats your opinion on this car? Could an older example be used daily if it was cared for? Are they pretty nice cars?

Reply to
Paddington

Those cd players are bad with burned CD's in general. I find that some batches of blank CD's work much better than others. I have had batches of 80minute cd's that are more or less unusable in the cd player of my TL. I found that personally the novelty blank disks that are completely black work the best in this player. If you see them, pick up a small package and test it out. I have been using the memorex black disks and they work the best for me.

?section=1&SID=1&PID=25&FID=3&opento=2 Also I notice that the problem of reading CD-R's is worst near the end of the disk. Especially those disks that have tons of small tracks near the end with a hidden track as something like track 50-99. On top of this when it's cold and you first start the car is when the player performs the worst with these CD-r's. My torture test is a sub zero day with a burned disk with many tracks.

Reply to
Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTE

Today my driver's side power window stopped working. The passenger side power window is intermittent.......I guess depending on how hard I slam my driver's side door. All fuses are good. I can hit on the switch and the passenger side window may work, but the driver's side never does. I suspect the master power window switch.....the one on the drivers side door. It has the MAIN on/off and the two window switches.

Anyone ever had to replace on of these? Where did you get it? I called the dealer and was quoted a price of $160.00....WOW!! Thought I would try an online parts site first, then maybe a salvage yard. Any recommendations???

THANKS!!

Reply to
B.Creech

they're great cars! I'm on my second Legend coupe.

as with most cars that have relatively high mileage, one should have funds for the parts needed for extending its life.(e.g.: water pump, cv joints, timing belt, radiator, thermostat, power steering pump & hose, a/c, etc.) depending how long you intend on driving it.

My first was the first generation(lots of compliments, sold), and my current one is of the second gen. Which generation were you pertaining?

I got this(and first) Legend bcs I always liked the design. If I wanted just a dependable daily driver with inexpensive parts, I'd get an Accord or some Toyota.

need more info, surf over here...

legend.org

for more newbie and faq,go here... acuraworld.com acura-legend.com

hth, J

Reply to
James S

Maybe this will help...

In the Nissan 300ZX I used to have the driver's switch for the passenger door became intermittent, so neither switch would close the passenger window (either one would open it, though.) I took the switch out and found the problem was with the way the switch was made. The contacts and the connector were joined by a circuit board - the contacts were swaged onto the board by spreading the forked ends of the contact pieces where they protruded through the board. Where the ends were swaged the connections were intermittent. I soldered all the ends to the board and the switch never gave me any more trouble.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

It's either the switch or the motor/regulator. I had my rear driver window done (98 RL) went to a auto glass place, they did it for $300 dealer wanted over $400. That was for motor/regulator one unit. HTH

Reply to
blk knight

Reply to
mfb

make that rear driver side window.

Reply to
blk knight

I am pretty sure it is the switch....since the window is intermittent and beating on the armrest makes it work sometimes. I will remove the switch and resolder joints (if accessible) as you suggest.

Thanks!

BC

Michael Pardee wrote:

Reply to
B.Creech

I have a vague recollection from a couple of years ago that Acura changed the composition of the brake pads for the 2000 TL. At the time, they also said the rotors should be replaced when the pads were changed to the new composition ones.

I am just now coming up on needing to replace my front pads. I have not experienced warping of the original rotors (though I do have to occasionally make a hard stop to scrape the crud off of them - symptom is similar to warpage but goes away after a hard stop). I would like to leave well enough alone under the philosophy of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

So, I have two questions to the group:

  1. Has anyone used the new pads without changing the rotors also?

  1. If so, how did it work out?

Pls reply to the group.

Reply to
E. Meyer

:? Me and my dad replaced the timing belt lined everything up just like the book said to and it still will not start I have just returned from overseas after being there for a year and my wife said the car just stopped running and wound not start shortly after I left it has been sitting for over a year. I am getting spark and fuel rechecked the timming marks they are also good but still will not start. open to any and all suggestions?

Reply to
LNHAVARD