strange hum

2002 Acura TL T-S

I have a strange hum when I start to drive the car for the first time after it has been siting. Mainly happens when I turn left. There are typically two short hum sounds. any ideas?

Thanks, Dan

I have a 2001 Honda CR-V and the same thing started happening only on hard left turns. It turned out the be the rear axle. After taking it back to the dealer they rebalanced it and I haven't had the problem since.

Reply to
Chris

Its strange though. It only happens for a short time and never happens again regardless of the turns. It sounds almost like something is running.

That sounds like the ABS system pressurizing.

Reply to
Reginald Patton

Reginald,

Thanks, that is exactly what it was. I took it into the dealer and they said it was the ABS modulator. That its nothing to worry about. I just didnt rember hearing it in other cars I test drove, but I may have been mistaken.

Thanks, Dan