Strange engine noise

When I start the engine of my 96 Metro in the morning, it sounds like a tractor, lots of knocking coming from the engine.

But after a few minutes, its fine, and you don't hear anything. Someone said it might be the fuel pump gone.

This only happens if its been left all night, not when its only been left for a few hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

When I start the engine of my 96 Metro in the morning, it sounds like a tractor, lots of knocking coming from the engine.

But after a few minutes, its fine, and you don't hear anything. Someone said it might be the fuel pump gone.

This only happens if its been left all night, not when its only been left for a few hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

I know it's obvious but you have checked the oil. Hydraulic tappets can really clatter when they run dry.

Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.

I filled her up last week, but I'll check it again, maybe there's a leak there.

Cheers

Reply to
Tony

No oil problems..