Sylvania SilverStar for Turn Signals in 2001 CL-S

I'm trying to figure out what bulbs I would need to replace my stock ones. What about the hi-beams? I checked the manual and I don't see where it indicates a specific size.

Reply to
Justin

If I didn't know better I would swear you are asking how to replace your turnsignal bulbs with hi-beam headlight bulbs. I expect your flasher would have a bit of a problem with that.

Are you planning on signaling your turns on the moon?

Reply to
Natman

No, stupid... I was asking which part numbers I would need to replace my stock turn signal bulbs with Sylvania's line of turn signal bulbs. While I'm at it I was looking into replacing the hi-beams with Sylvania's line of as well. Does that make sense? I fouond what I need by the way.

Front turn signal: 1157AST High beam headlamp: 9005ST

Reply to
Justin

It makes perfect sense NOW. As originally posted, not so much.

Reply to
Natman

Natman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes,"SilverStar" is a trademark of Sylvania's HEADLIGHT bulbs,AFAIK. No point in having "whiter" turn or stop signal lights;they're either red or amber.

And you can use a local store's reference book to find what type number(1157,9005,etc.) for the application your car uses.

1157 is pretty standard for older cars turnsignal/Brakelight bulb,IIRC. (dual filament) Newer autos may use some different bulb style with a different base.
Reply to
Jim Yanik