1998 Audi A4 Oil Indictor Light

O.k. this might sound like a dumb question but I can't seem to figure out where my oil indicator light would be. An oil light does not light up when I first turn on my car so I am trying to figure out if the light is out OR if the oil indicator light will show up in the lcd screen in the dash- like the low gas or headlight out appears.

I was told at my last oil change that I might have a oil leak so I thought it might be a good thing to know if that light is working properly.

Thanks

Reply to
ellenb999

The low oil indicator is like that but the low oil pressure is a big red symbol.

It should tell you all this info in the manual.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

You should check the oil with the dipstick. Don't count on the lights.

Reply to
JimV