Dalby Forest Drive / Langdale Quest

Hi All,

I'm thinking of take my but up to the Langdale Quest to do abit of offroad with the freelender,,,,,use it for what it was made for before it dies it death! lol

Has anyone any experience if the place?

Is it suitable for a beginner with a freeland??

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
david

Been a couple of times, it is OK, Freelander will be fine (just watch for rocks). A bit overpriced IMO but a decent day out nonetheless.

Reply to
Andy

Rip off expensive & to be honest, not that great, but a decent day out.

Reply to
Nige

We've done it using their Suzukis and our own vehicles a few times and quite like it ... mostly when we're not on the two 'easy' routes. Some of the Bl;ack routes are winch-only ... or balls-out st00pidity to get through ... ;)

Yes, the two shorter, easier routes (Forest Trail and Jungle Trek, I think) are well suited to Freelander and it's ilk, indeed we've been through the Forest Trail in a Nissan X-Trail .. though it can scratch the exhaust box if you're not careful on some ruts etc.

Don't try the longer routes as they include some harder sections that have deep ruts that would catch a Freelander out.

Even if it's water-logged the base is pretty chalky and grippy, it looks a lot worse than it actually is, until you get off-trail or on the 'Extreme' bits. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Cool thanks guys

Looking at the website I kinda though that the Alpine might be a bit much for the Freelander. So i think i'll go and play on the Forest and Jungle trails.

It'll be a laugh if nothing else.

I have to get the old viscous coupling changed before i go though..... (Note to self : next car must have a proper transfer box / center diff!!!)

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
david