Stereo unlock code for Concert in 99 Audi A4

I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Reply to
profits23

I believe you will have to contact an Audi dealership and provide vehicle details first.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

I think you will find that the vehicle radio code is unique to your vehicle (it's not much of an anti-theft feature otherwise). Dealer enquiry, as already stated.

Reply to
Mire

Reply to
profits23

Maybe if you contact Audi of Canada and ask what sort of documentation they would need to provide that info to you...?

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Reply to
profits23

I dont know who it works in US/Canada, but here in Europe the car need to be physical connected up to the Dealers computer which then in turn is hooked to the Audi-computer-network in order to get the code. In addition you must provide personal identification (drivers license etc)

At least mine A6 1996 needed this procedure.

/jens

Reply to
Jens

The Radio PIN codes can be computed :

You may have someone doing this on your side of the pond

Reply to
Alec

Reply to
profits23

The radio code is displayed in VAG-COM software (at least for 2001 and 2004, since that's what I've tried it on). Try to find someone who has a VAG-COM unit to borrow.

Reply to
TonyKiz

Tony,

Would you mind posting (or emailing me privately) the measuring block, adaptation, or softcoding field with the radio code? I ended up providing VIN, bill of sales, drivers license etc. to my dealer for my '00 A4 only to have them tell me it was $50 to look the code up!

Thanks, Arthur

T> The radio code is displayed in VAG-COM software (at least for 2001 and 2004,

Reply to
Arthur Russell

Hi Arthur,

I'm sorry but I was remembered wrong. The Radio Code is always printed out on my Audi Dealer's Service Record, not on my VAG-COM. I don't know if that's standard operating procedure or just my dealer's way of doing it. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm appalled at your dealer's attitude. Do they expect you to come to them to buy your next car from them? This is probably something a service rep can do for you in a couple of minutes while he's waiting for cars to come in for service -- I think it's just a matter of looking in their database for the information. You might try to talk to the dealership's manager instead of the service department -- maybe he'd be more sensitive to the fact that this could make you decide where you will shop for your next car.

Reply to
TonyKiz

What is the serial number, Arthur?

I have access to 2 or 3 software programs that (may) provide your code.

BG

Reply to
BmanGman