air con

my air con is kicking in but the fan will not work it has been gased up & there is power to the fan so all i'm getting is cold air somebody said it mybe rear state but when i talket to bmw they did'nt seem to know what i was going on about its a e39 1998 r geg 528i anybody with any ideas please

Reply to
tate

You probably need this-

12 64-11-6-923-204 FINAL STAGE UNIT 1 63.20

Roger>

Reply to
Roger Matthews

Do you mean the fan(s) that blow air into the cabin?

If so, this works totally independently of the AC as it's used for heating

- or just fresh air. If it's not running at all, it's likely the final stage resistor burnt out, and any dealer should have got this immediately as it's a *very* common fault on an E39. Costs about 50 quid for the part and is DIY possible, although slightly fiddly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Here is a link showing how to replace it. Takes about 5 minutes.

CFL

???

Reply to
J Strickland

Rather more on a RHD car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't know any teenagers? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have two, but our public schools are apparently better than the ones this person attended. I am truly confised by his (or her) post.

Reply to
J Strickland

Ha ha ha.

When my knuckles stop bleeding, I'll post the full story of the replacement :)

Reply to
Grant