Best Rated threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

E34 Battery Drain
I have an 1995 E34 518i SE and it has been draining the battery overnight for the last 2 nights. I had the RAC out yesterday and they found that there was a 1.5 amp current draw causing this. I also...
4
4

Rough idle on '90 BMW 735il
I have a 1990 BMW 735il, and it has recently developed a rough idle problem. If the car is cold it will idle just fine - for a minute or two. Then the idle will become very rough, requiring me to give...
1
1

How does a BMW car radio tune to GPS FM transmitter frequency?
There must be some way to tune my 2002 BMW 525 radio to a particular FM frequency but I can't figure out how so my GPS won't work. My Garmin GPS nuvi transmit on any FM frequency I tell it to. The...
31
31

M50B20 vs M50B25 intake manifolds, is there a difference?
I see lots of used/cheap M50 2.0 manifolds on ebay. they have a different part number to the 2.5 but I'm wondering what the difference is (if any)? Looking at doing the M52/M50 swap at some point on...
1
1

Idle speed on an E28 520
My brother has a much loved '87 E28 520. Done nearly 250,000 miles. He recently had to change the head gasket (and have the head planed) after a hose blew and it overheated, but it's now running...
8
8

85 bmw 735i-- won't start up--it will crank over
it will turn over fast but won't start..12v coil has fire on both primary post but no fire at the secondary post that links the distributor. fuses good.fuel delivery good. got any suggestions. --...
6
6

Where is the fuse box in a 1999 bmw 323i
i think I just blew a fuse in my 1999 bmw 323i. I dont have the manual and took a quick look for the fuse box but could'nt find it under the dash. Soes any one know where it is located?
3
3

E34 540i sticky brake pedal
1994 540i automatic. Brake pedal sticks when pressed, thus leaving the brake lights on. I can pull it back up with my foot and the lights go out. Even though pedal sticks, it doesn't feel as if the...
6
6

1987 BMW 325 Central Locking System Issue
I accidently locked the driver's side door and initiated the Central Locking System. Well, it took me a while to unlock the driver's side door again. The passenger side is still locked and now the car...
9
9

how to fold rear seats in a 2003 325i?
Hi, I have a BMW 2003 325i. I wanted to try and get the rear seats to fold so that I can transport some luggage. However, I couldnt find any levers or anything. I read the manual and it lists the...
9
9

M50 oil consumption
My '92 525 touring is currently using about a litre of oil per 2000 miles of motorway driving, does this sound reasonable? 176k miles, manual, no sign of oil leaks at all.
3
3

e28 high / low beam question
When high beam is used, both the middle headlights come on, which are single filament high beam only. However, with the two outer lights, they don't change but stay on low beam, even though they have...
3
3

Low oil pressure-BMW 530I
My Bmw has 150,000 miles on it and has been religiously maintained. I'm now getting the "low oil pressure" readout along with the warning bell. This happens when the car is warmed-up and then parked...
7
7

Flat spots and hesitation o 730d anybody experienced this E65
Hi Folks I have a NEW (well 8 months old) E65 730d SE UK version with the 238BHP turbo diesel + Auto. The power and torque is phenomenal compared to my old E38 740i but there is a persistent flat spot...
9
9

ISOFIX attachments - standard in UK E90 BMW 3 Series Saloons?
On the BMW website it seems to say that 3 Series 'Saloons' do indeed have ISOFIX attachments as standard, which is what I would expect. But I saw a report criticising BMW for the 'fact' that ISOFIXes...

Checklist when buying used BMW
Here's my second thread. I've gotten some good bites on my two Volvos I am selling, so I am expediting my research in hopes of acquiring my first BMW sooner, rather than later. I don't believe in you...
10
10

E36 Reverse lights not working
Checked fuses and it shows 13v Checked wiring for damage in the rear not damage found Checked bulbs their good. Checked voltage across the bulbs which there is not when car is in reverse. I'm thinking...
2
2

2002 BMW 330i - How do I set clock?
I bought a beautiful steel grey on black 2002 BMW 330i about two weeks ago -- got a great deal on it. Thanks to everyone on this board who has given me advice during my search for the right car. For...
12
12

Car stuck on Full throttle????
My car "redlines" when I start it. It is like the throttle is stuck. In a previous post, I suggested something to do with th transmission was on the fritz. But that is most likely incorrect. After...
12
12

5w-30 or 10W-60 in an M54 @ 140 000 km now ?
Hello, Until mid 2008, my BMW dealer used to put Castrol oil (SAE 5W30 LL04) in my Z3 (M54 Engine). Before last November, BMW rationalized their stocks, restricting the varieties. At the last Oil...
19
19