E46 CHANGING DEFAULT SETTINGS

There are several settings on my car 2001 330 that I would like to change. For example, I must always turn on the fog lights by hand and do so every time the lights have been turned off (and then on again). Is there a way to change this "default" setting so that the fogs would be on whenever I turn on the headlights and not the other way around? TIA

Reply to
sgfan3

"sgfan3" wrote

Unfortunately, those are dealer-only settings. They use a RFID reader/writer that is proprietary. You might try some of the independents, as the $tealers like to charge for reprogramming.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks! Do you know of a source where I could see this issue (and others as well) regarding the changing of default settings.

Reply to
sgfan3

what other"features" are there like that, I just got a 330xi and would love to know all the tricks, I don't mind paying the dealer for it if it is something i really want, I just don't know what is available! THANKS

Reply to
330Xi

Check out this link

. It shows all of the car and key memory setting that can be programmed for the E38, E39, E46, E52 and E53. This link
is the Customer Selection Form that the BMW dealer uses to find out how you want the car set up.

Kyle.

98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

My experience has been that many, if not most, fog lights are blinding (or at least extremely annoying) to oncoming traffic in usual (i.e. non-foggy) weather conditions. Is there a reason you want yours to always be on?

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

"Tom K." wrote

In addition to the fact that it's generally ILLEGAL to have fog lights on in conditions that don't require them. IE, broad daylight, or nighttime with no rain/snow/fog.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers