Fog light warranty? 2003 330xi

2003 330xi with 52000 miles (2k miles out of warranty), inspection 2 was just done. The fog lights have severe condensation inside, they light up but don't shine anywhere. What is the warranty on the fog lights? Should inspection 2 have covered this? Is this a common problem? The dealer suggested that this is "normal," but this condensation is excessive. I would like to be fully informed before I speak to the dealer, as they are likely to make excuses. Thanks in advance.
Reply to
Sharkman540i

"Sharkman540i" wrote

If they're like the ones on my '01 330xi, they're a sealed unit and there can be no moisture inside unless the lens is cracked. However, not all are the same (sport package vs. normal, etc.) I would think that I2 would catch it, since lights are part of the check.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks for the info. There are no cracks, the dealer said it could be a bad seal. If the inspection 2 was done 1500 miles past warranty, would they cover it if they had seen it?

Reply to
Sharkman540i