PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY 735I

I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4 MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

Reply to
razmorro

1.) STOP ALL OF THAT DAMN SCREAMING! It is not appropriate to use ALLCAPS in a newsgroup. We call it YELLING. It is very difficult to read ALLCAPS. It is especially difficult to read ALLCAPS and crappy punctuation punctuated by misspellings and wrong words. We can work with most of this if you promise to turn the CAPLOCK button off. 2.) You are describing any number of ailments, the least expensive being a parking brake that is locked ON. If the transmission is going into Limp Mode, that is a bad sign.
Reply to
Jeff Strickland

  1. Buy a keyboard with small letters.
  2. Assuming the car is automatic then it will move when put into Drive. This is called creep and is normal operation*.
  3. To get an auto to move off you normally have to press the accelerator (gas pedal).
  4. Conking out after a few minutes is not normal, but there are lots of possible reasons.
  5. Depending on year it should display a message (transmission) dash lights and / or bong a lot if the gearbox is broken.

This is an old car that has been laid up. Probably the battery is goosed. You need to charge it up and / or change the battery for a good one otherwise system volts will be low and this manifests itself as a variety of electrically induced faults (e.g. transmission, ignition, light failure etc.).

  • if all else fails RTFM.
Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

I suggest you go to classes to learn how to communicate in English then try Martian.

However the caps lock is usually 3rd key up from the bottom on the LEFT side of the keyboard. USE IT!

Have a good look at the brake (NOT BREAK) disks to see if they are rusty and/or the pads are stuck in the calipers (the things that hold them)

Steve

Reply to
steven-walsh

Dead fuel pump relay?

Reply to
John Burns

How much did you pay for it?

Reply to
noobiedoobie

Please stop SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caps lock is the third button up on the left of the keyboard.

Reply to
steve-caner