sticky brake pedal

Hi there

my brake lights are stuck on. I can pull the pedal up with my foot and they come off again.

I will adjust the light switch in there like in my manual, but is it possible that the brake pedal mechanism is sticky? Can I grease it? Any tricks?

Reply to
jom

Is this a right hand drive E28? If so the pivots on the firewall that move the brake force from the pedal to the servo are sticking. Common on RHD E28s.

Reply to
John Burns

thanks John yes it is a RHD E28! amazing I did adjust the switch seems to have fixed it

can I grease those pivot points? from the engine side?

Reply to
jom