glass molding advice

Hello .... I am replacing the front windshield and rear windshield chrome molding trim on my 69 camaro. I see that many sites offer the coupe molding in (economy) & (show quality). The show quality is a hundred dollars less. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if there is a big difference in the two .... The reason I ask is I have bought some fine repro chrome that just needed a little metal polish & a buffing wheel & ended up looking fantastic. Any advice from people who were satisfied or dissapointed with the cheaper version of the rear windshield & front windshield complete chrome molding kits ??? I do know that the more expensive ones are stainless steel .... as far as the cheaper ones go, I am not 100% sure .... but may be aluminum ( which sometimes looks better when highly polished ) .... The fit with the cheaper ones could be a worry also ?? But I purchased some top grade, highest quality items in the past that couldn't touch some quality knock-off repros. Confused !

I will share the fact that I was very happy with a set of R.& L. full quarters ( with lip & partial trunk ) that happen to be OER brand from classic industries. These things were way huge & suprisingly fantastic quality. Saved me the hastle of body work & fabricating.

Thanks in advance. Have a good night. ( need to catch some of the Steelers / Colts game )

Reply to
bla bla bla

Ask this question in the forum at

JimV