1994 S-10 Fuel Problem

I have a 1994 S-10 with a 4.3 Vortec Z code engine. The truck has 175000 miles and the check engine light just came on with a code for the oxygen sensor. The truck has started to run a little rough when cold, could this be due to the sensor? I also have a strong smell of gasoline such as when older carb's would flood that was present before the check engine light but can not find any leaks. The truck gets around 17 - 18 mpg around town. Would worn injectors in the TBI cause this smell, rough idle, gas mileage. The truck runs good under acceleration but seems sluggish in normal cruise conditions.Thanks for any help.

FB snipped-for-privacy@triad.rr.com

Reply to
Frank Brantley

take a look at

Good Luck......

Reply to
Reed

WHAT code for the oxgen sensor? There are several that can be set, and each one indicates a different problem.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Wrong type of FI. That page lists info on the CPI (W code in 1994) FI, the OP has TBI.

To the OP: Check the fuel spray from the injectors, if it dribbles there's a problem, if it's a nice even cone it should be OK. Do you know if the O2 sensor has ever been replaced? It may be a good idea to change it out as a first step anyway.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Scott M

Changed the O2 sensor today seems to idle better I"ll know in the morning with a cold start if it corrected the problem. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Frank Brantley