1999 Siera Cigarette Lighter question

About the only thing that doesn't work on my truck is the cigarete lighter. I don't really need it so it is easy to live without. But then again it just nags at me because I should be able to fix it. The 2 accessory recepticals just to the left of the lighter work fine.

It blows the fuse up under the hood located on the left front wheelwell as soon as you plug the eliment itself into the receplicale. Just in the hole and the fuse blows. I purchased a new lighter and still blows fuse. If you leave the recepticle empty the fuse does not clear. The lighter doesn't even have to be pushed to blow the fuse. Just in the receptical is all takes.

This leads me to beleive I need to replace the receptical. But how do you get the darn thing out? I don't have a manual because I don't usually do the kind of work requireing a manual. Water pump, altenator, oil change, belts, etc can all be done without a manual. I've checked some of the manuals at the parts store and they don't seem to include the detail required to remove the receptical.

Might anyone be able to share enough information that I can get the job done? My fold out drink holder is located directly below the recepticals, does it have to be removed to gain access?

Reply to
Dan Ward