2005 Silverado radio ’locked’

Most aftermarket head units out there can not compeate with the quaility of 1996 and up GM Factory units. Matter of fact only 2 or 3 are even Direct Fit units for GM large (din &half) openings. Of those, none look right in the dash, and they don't fit properly in some GM dashes.

GM Factory head units with a AMP and Aftermarket High End speakers can go over 140 D.B. and still sound clear as day.

I used to have a Conversion van (87 Astro). Was in my family from new till salvage. Over 330,000 miles (maybe 80K Highway). It came from the vehicle converter with a Aftermaket Radio, a panasonic if memory serves me right. It lasted all of 80,000 miles. The next after market radio lasted all of 20,000 miles. Eventially I got tired of swaping radio's. I finally went to a salvage yard, got a radio and wiring plug from a 87 Safari Van. Installed it (converter cut factory radio wires), and got years of dependible service.

Im My 87 Cavalier (which has a messed up counsel/lower dash) I have a

1989 Chevy S-10 Blazer radio. I have a small 40 watt (Peak)amp for my rear Poineer 150 Watt (Peak) 6x9's.

Unlike some people out there. I like my audio to be clean, crisp, and distortion free. I also don't like my vehicles to look hacked up with cheesy radio adapters, speaker boxes and other aftermarket junk.

BTW: paying a small fee to get your radio unlocked once isn't stealing. If your too ignorant to write the information down and keep it in a safe place has nothing to do with a dealer. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Oh, we get people doing that too. We usually have to tell them to rip that radio out before we can even begin to work on all the problems that crop up after that style of radio is installed. Same thing with "aftermarket" security systems.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

And this is why I stopped buying GM crap and went to Dodge back in

2000. My dad is staill a GM guy but I won't touch them anymore.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Ha!, we made the mistake of buying a used dodge and then when the whole electrical system burned up the dealer tried to blame it on a cell phone hookup until I opened the panel and showed him it wasn't even hooked up. Had nothing but electrical problems with that dodge until 6 months after we paid the loan off and gave it away. I learned to not buy dodge and went back to GM, at least their dealers eventually fix the problem where dodge dealers break two more things each trip.

Reply to
Eugene Nine