Astro wiper-again

Hi folks. I took the advice about installing a new circuit board for the wiper assembly I screwed up but I still can't get the wiper to work from the switch. I did check the 25A fuse and it is good. Is there another relay or fuse I don't know about??

Reply to
ed

Astro wiper-again Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2003, 10:30am (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ed) Hi folks. I took the advice about installing a new circuit board for the wiper assembly I screwed up but I still can't get the wiper to work from the switch. I did check the 25A fuse and it is good. Is there another relay or fuse I don't know about??

First pull the switch with a test light make sure you have power .....if you have power to your switch ...Check fom switch to motor....if you have power to both most likely you motor is bad...no power to your motor your switch...but make sure you check all your connections.... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

I might be mistaken but on most of the older wiper motor assemblies I've seen the "Switch" provides a ground path, not power. That's why you can turn the switch off when the wiper is running and it will still have power and park itself. Once it starts it has an internal switch that takes over and provides the ground. That internal switch is on and grounding it till it parks.

Reply to
AZGuy

The motor does work if I repeat the same mistake of jumping to gound of the wiper assembly. Actually it works once I turn the key onwith the jump in place. It's a 97 Astro with multiple speeds for the wiper. BTW, the window cleaner pump works when I push the button on the wiper switch assembly(W/O the jump, I just can't get the wiper to work.

Reply to
ed