Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: 1991, S10, V6, 2.8, AC, grinding noise?
It could be the bearing gone to pot, but replacing it means a new clutch assembly, almost as much cost wise as a new compressor. 91 was still R-12, so this might be a good time to upgrade to R-134a....
8
8

Truck drifting to right
Hello group, I have a '96 S-10 4wd. Recently I took it in to a shop to have an alignment done. They said the ilder arm and the pitman arm were worn. Okay I trust them so I replaced them. I took I back...
5
5

More on 700R4 Knocking
First thing. I would like to thank everyone that replied to my post about my knocking transmission. I am not sure if you would call it a knock of a tick (almost like a lifter only at the torque...
3
3

"service engine soon" light and lifter noise on GMC pickup
I have an '00 GMC Sierra 4.8L with 30k miles. The "Service Engine Soon" light comes on persistently. Mechanic says it's the 'knock sensor.' The only knock we can hear is a very slight noise from a...
4
4

Fluid Capacity Allison 1000
Does anyone know the transmission fluid capacity for the Allison 1000 tranny on a 2004 Silverado 2500HD? I couldn't find this info anywhere in the owner's manual or on Chevy's website. Thanks -...
2
2

2004 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 6.0 L Running Rough
Recently bought the 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I have noticed that when starting out or coming to a stop the engine acts like it's sputtering and about to stall, almost like it is missing and about...
3
3

Restoring a Rhino Liner to it's new look
This is one that you have to see to believe. I had my Rhino installed in 2001 and it is showing signs of oxidation and discoloration from rust and other debris I kept in the bed over the years. I had...
20
20

rubber thingy hanging below bumper
On my 87 Chevy 1/2 ton there is a rubber thing (like an air foil?) bolted to the front bumper (under it -hangs down maybe 6 inches or so). I had the truck painted and the body guy says to trash it......
5
5

Hard start/stalls 4.3 TBI Vortec
Hi Group, My wifes '94 Chevy full size pick-up with 4.3 liter TBI Vortec engine has what seems to be a cold start prob. As the day warms up it gets better but it still seems to be lacking power. I put...
5
5

S10-2.5L Idle too fast
Dear engine experts. I have a problem with the idle on my 2.5Lfuel injected 1988 S10 manual trans. I have replaced the idle control valve, the mapp sensor, checked for vacuum leaks. I have replaced...
2
2

98 chevy s10 blazer acceleration is sluggish. PLEASE ADVISE
I have a 98 chevy s10 blazer with about 85,000 miles on it. It is the 4.3L vortec. I have noticed some sluggish acceleration currently with my truck. I know that this care has a recall with the fuel...
2
2

Tail light fuse blowing in 1993 S-10
A few months ago, I replaced the heater core in my 1993 Chevy S-10. That night, I was on my way to class when the instrument light went out. I suspected the tail lights had gone as well, so I pulled...
2
2

Astro/safari wheel bolt pattern
I am thinking about new wheels for my astro. I really like the old camaro IROC 5 spoke mags. Is Astro a 5 on 5 1/2 patern? 5 on 5 ?? what vehicles share the bolt pattern with astro's....?......
5
5

Compression Testing 77 MarkIV 454
I am trying to figure out why my 77 Suburban 2WD with ~150k miles has become a gasoholic(about 6 mpg) and has had a steady decline in power for the last 8+ months. It now feeling like it has a 350 2...
13
13

'99 S-10... new sound under the hood
I've been trying to place a new sound that shows up when I rev the engine while standing still or am driving along at usual rpm's. It's another sound that almost suggests a blowing, or somehow some...
7
7

SUPERWINCH Locking Hubs/ auto hubs.
1985 K5 4x4 I took the cover off my surperwinch hub. I can't get it to operate properly now. It "clicks" into lock mode, and the hub locks. But when you turn it back to free it still clicks, but it...
6
6

Radiator Slush Problem
1985 K5 305CUI I had a boil over today. Temp this morn was about 0deg. Well I got most of the old coolant out (came out in about a 7-10 foot tall spout) and added some more. I filled it with a good...
28
28

cost of a factory rebuilt blazer transmission
what should a goodwrench factory rebuilt automatic transmission w/overdrive cost for a $WD 1996 chevy S-10 blazer? the garage wants $2800 which includes the markup. is there a web site where i can get...
16
16

82 c10 1.4l straight 6 backfiring through exhaust
I just bought a 82 c10 with a 4.1l straight 6 Seems to when cold and when letting off the gas back fire through the exhaust.....Running rich is the cause but i was woundering if off hand anyone knew a...
3
3

4L80E Transmission
Will not shift into overdrive. Does anyone have any possible causes?
2
2