Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

P0304, P0175, P0172
(Sorry if this has already appeared. I originally sent it 8/31/05, but it has not appeared on my news server yet.) A friend's 1997 Astro with a 4.3 liter engine has 245,000 miles on it. Recently, it...
9
9

2002 Trailblazer door adjustment?
How do you adjust the front doors on this vehicle? I took the latch plate off but could not find a way to adjust it, it automatically centers itself when you put the 2 screws in and the 2 posts are...

02 Silverado 4x4: Improving the ride and handling
I am not complaining about my present set up. Just wondered if there is any way to improve the ride and handling of my 02 Silverado 4x4 that has all the stock basics. I got some pretty significant...
2
2

1992 Chevy S10 engine swap time
The vehicle is a 1992 Chevy S10 pickup, 2.2L four cylinder, 5 speed transmission. This was brought to me last year with engine problems, low/flakey oil pressure and a bad knock in the bottom end. I...
19
19

4.3L Improve gas mileage?
Anybody know how to improve the gas mileage on a 2001 Silverado with a 4.3L engine? I do not drive like a jack rabbit nor do I stop abruptly. Thanks.
18
18

rear axle interchange
Hi all- I tried Google as well as searching this group (my new server doesn't retain messages very long) but couldn't find a certain answer for my question. A bit of background: my mother was involved...
8
8

Chevy V6 4.2 Litter Engine
My dad is looking to purchase a 2004/2005 Trailblazer Ext and is trying to decide what engine to put in it. He has a 21', 3500# travel trailer that he pulls from end of December to mid April (yes he...
4
4

Disc Brakes Vs. Drum Brakes.
In 2004, all 2-wheel drive Chevrolet Yukons, Suburbans, Avalanches, TrailBlazers and Silverados had rear disk brakes as standard equipment. For 2005, rear disc brakes are still standard equipment on...
28
28

1972 chevy c10 hazard switch
I have a 1972 chevy pickup with 3 speed transmission no-tilt wheel in the Phoenix, AZ area. I'm looking to replace the hazard (4way) switch as it is permanently stuck in the on position. Is this...
1
1

98 GMC C3500 HD airbag suspension????
Just bought a 1998 GMC C3500 HD diesel, auto, 19.5 dually wheels. The rear suspension has me a little confusion. The spring in front of the rear axle looks normal but the back half is bent down and...
2
2

how to vacuum test a 1997 5.7L engine?
I'd like to hook up a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold of a 1997 chevy 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive pickup with a 5.7 L engine but it doesn't seem to have any port through which to do this. It is a...
17
17

3rd Row Seat Storage Bags?
Has anyone heard of Storage Bags for the 3rd row seats being available? I would like to put the seats into something for long term storage. Perferrably not a large trash bag. Thanks for any help.
2
2

85' K5 4wd Question
Okay, finally got around to install the front drive shaft on my beast. It's been somewhat cold (down to 9deg at one point) and I haven't much wanted to do anything. :- ) It was somewhat of a task; the...
17
17

Re: Fuel pump whine?
Try replacing the fuel filter with an AC-Delco Filter. My '99 K2500 CC has whined from day one, and now has 100,000+ miles with no problems.
13
13

1990 GMC Sierra Back Up Lights
Thanks to anyone that can help. Truck is a 1990 GMC Sierra with 5.7l V8 and auto. The back up lights as well as the rear cargo light on the cab don't work. I checked the fuse and it looked good but I...
7
7

Signs of a dying transmission
What are the symptoms of a dying transmission?
8
8

Chevy Venture HVAC problem
I know that a Chevy Venture is a minivan, and not a truck. The minivan is my wifes, and I drive a Dodge Ram. I had to preface this, because I did not want to insult a fellow pickup driver. There is...
2
2

Double oil change....
This is pretty amazing ! but maybe some of you already do it. A buddy of mine was telling me that when he changes his oil in his Late Model Race Car, that he cahnges the oil the runs a night then...
13
13

Chevy Colorado, Horn Beeps Three Times When Unlocked.
I've had a 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71 Crew Cab for about six months now. I am very satisfied with it. I have a couple questions that I'd like to ask of other owners. 1) When I unlock it using the key fob...
1
1

5.7 Heater Hose Quick Connect
Do you mean by proper the same as original? I bought one of those from a Chevy dealer for $12. The other posters were suggesting alternative replacements, which may be better. I noticed the new...
9
9