brakes for silverado's

Hello, I have a 2003 silverado ext cab. I have about 45k on the clock and heard some squeekin so I figured the pads were bad. I figured that they shouldn't be that bad, but I like to know that I have more than enough pads left. I took the weels off and found that the pads weren't that bad on the outside, and the inside weren't wore to the scrapers. I then felt the rotors. The inside of both front rotors were rusting and chipping apart. I couldn't believe it. I've never had them rust. Grind, groves,etc... yes , but not rust. I had to buy new rotors and pads for the front. I just wondered if anyone here has had this problem. Now I have oem bindix brakes from advantced auto on there, and am going to buy new from napa. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM ADVANTCED AUTO AGAIN! Just in case someone from there is reading this... They are noisier than leaving the rusty rotors on. They suck. in my opinion. Sorry for the long post. Thanks,

Reply to
Jeremy Yeoman

Are you saying the rust is where the pads ride. I notice my rotors are rusted when I have not driven my 02 for a while or after a rain. However after the first brake application most of the rust is gone, more braking, less rust, when I get home, they are clean.

Reply to
MikeG

My '02 2500HD rear rotors were pitting and rusting something fierce all across the front and back surfaces as well as warping. It was bad enough that you swore the front rotors were causing the steering wheel to shake coming down from highway speeds. Yes, it is a daily driver. Fortunately the rear rotors were replaced under warranty, pads were on me! No pitting and rusting on the replacements yet.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Jeremy Yeoman

Reply to
Jeremy Yeoman

If the pads were replaced free of charge, he lucked out! That fight normally doesn't go far. It is seen as a consumable. My truck had around 15K when I bought it and they got progressively worse over time. Around 25K they had to come off due to extreme pitting/cracking and warping. Not to mention the warranty was about out . . . due to time!!! Probably a bad batch of metal.

Reply to
Kevin