creaking noise while slowing to a stop

Hello,

I have a Reg Cab/short box Sierra. It has a creaking noise in it whenever I slow to a stop on rough ground while going forward. It creaks during the last few seconds before the completion of stopping.

It does not happen while going backwards or if I shake the truck (sideways, front and back) manually. Sometimes it creaks whiling driving over rough roads at a very slow speed. The sound is coming from the passenger side of the truck near the centre of the truck.

This only started about 6 days ago. I have tried to find the problem but can not find the source. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike C

T. Nesbitt

Same thing happened to me the other day. Then I realized that it was just my mother in law in the back seat. Ta dum!

Reply to
Tailgator