horrible tire/road noise @ 15K

I have all terrain Kumho tires on my 2000 Blazer. Now that I have reached

15,000 miles on them, the tire/road noise is a horribly loud hum. Is this typical for this brand of tires, or All Terrain truck tires in general after they have some mileage on them? Or is there another reason for the change. They were very quiet up until recently.
Reply to
Christie

Interesting you said that. My mechanic told me within the last month that my left wheel bearings needed to be replaced, but "there was no hurry" to do it and it could wait a couple months when I came in for my next oil change. However, just in the last 1-2 weeks the "highway noise" has gotten much worse. What happens if they "go out"? And what about him says there is no hurry and "no danger".

Reply to
Christie

it isn't your tires......your wheel bearings are getting ready to go out

Reply to
Arnie Quarry

The passenger side front wheel bearings went out on my brother's Blazer back in 1999. The right front wheel locked up completely at 55 mph. He was thrown head first into the windshield, fracturing his skull. The heat from the friction generated by the front wheel set the Blazer on fire and he just managed to crawl away from the scene before the vehicle exploded.

Reply to
Arnie Quarry