how to get the wipers off s10 1989

I posted, a few weeks back , a question as to how to get the wipers off a

1989 s10 ; the answer is: you pry them off; I used a screw driver on one, and the claw of a hammer on the other; they are held on by splines on the shaft base; the tab you'll see fits into a recessed ring on the base of the shaft, but playiing with that is pointless.Just get some lever under the base of the wiper and push them up, away from the hood.

Not so obvious, Chevy.

Reply to
Barrett Bonden

thats the Best way to do it As I stated.. But u only need to PRY up on the ARM 180 Degrees away from That CLAMP/PIN .. playing with the pin is STUPID !!!

Reply to
no one

Reply to
johny

eons ago, like fifty years or so they were held on by a nut, be it GM, Ford or chrysler. Then they went to what you found around mid 50's on most cars. This got rid of the threads stripping on the stud, or the stud snapping off under the hands of a king kong wanna be. And they have worked just fine all these years.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
Mike Levy

I ment to thank everyone who posted back to me - many thanks - I'd still be out there without your help.

Reply to
Barrett Bonden