Joe Gibbs Silverado

I know some people are annoyed by auction postings in here, but this is not my auction. I saw this on ebay and was impressed. I was kind of expecting something more like this when Chevy announced the Silverado SS. I wonder if this truck uses the same whipple charger sold in the performance products catalogs. It could get expensive to keep tires on the back of this thing.

-mer

Reply to
Matthew

Well my opinion is that the 395 hp sounds like a good time. and it is a sharp truck. but a guy like myself could not justify $38,000 buy it now on a 2 wheel drive single cab truck. if i had money to throw away i don't think i would buy it. but i am a Die hard Tony Stewart fan and Gibbs is his Nascar team owner . that is the only thing i would find as an interest and the 395 hp. I can see the commercial now. Hey You got a Hemi in that ? Yep !!!! So What..... Later Dude!!!

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Never seen one of those?!

I like the seats.

I like the Corsa Exhaust (or at least the tips there).

I don't like the gauges a whole lot, but they're still cool. Where's the tranny temp?!

I actually like the spoiler out back. May have to find one for my truck.

I give them props for the supercharger, but I think an intercooled Radix would have been a notch better.

What engine is this, the 5.3?

I wonder if there are any tranny mods under there to help the thing survive? If not, I'd expect all 750 of them to be back in the shop for tranny repairs.

-marc '04 SS

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Doh!

I didn't notice that big stick in place of the center console...

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

He says that some are offered in Ext. Cab and Auto. Transmissions though.

Reply to
Tiger

And I didn't catch that part either.

I have to brush up on my readon comprehension...

I know that in general, the stock 4L60E's dont survive with much more power that stock. A higher stall, juice, and rather obviously, a supercharger kill them...

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Reading.