3.73 gears

Anybody know where I can buy Ford motorcraft 3.73 gears for my 98 Mustang GT for a relatively cheap price? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Summit has them for $190. After that look in the mags and search online. I know D+D Performance has good deals on drivetrain stuff.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

Here's a goo deal from Joe Charles at Parkway. These guys are top-notch!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Sweet thanks. Hopefully I can run into another deal like that after I can afford to pay for gears & install. Anyway... I'm also going to need the speedo gear. Does this go into the actual speedometer (instrument cluster? whatever it is?) or the rear end? Stupid question maybe.. but I don't know the stupid answer.

-Mike

<memset

Found this as well:

<memset

not sure if the newer Stangs are the same, but on the older cars, he gear you will need to change is on the end of the speedo cable that goes into the transmission. If there isn't a true speedo cable on your car look for the speed sensor and see if it has a gear on it.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

thanks ;)

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I just bought a set of used 3,73's in great shape from

Bought a T-loc from them too...

Cheers Keith

Reply to
KB

I couldn't find 3.73 gears anywhere on there.

-Mike

<memset

Actually, on our cars, the speedo gear won't work for 3.73's unless you change the internal drive gear in the tranny. You'll need a SpeedCal to do it properly. It's made by Dallas Mustang or you can get it from Brothers Performance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

can u give me more information on "SpeedCal"?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Ooooo very nice. Thanks Tom =) U da man.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Yeah, they didn't have them on the web site when I ordered mine. I just emailed them and asked if they had any for the 7.5 rear end, and voila...

Cheers Keith

KB

I have an 8.8

<memset

Same answer, just e-mail them and ask...

KB

cool thx

(instrument

<memset