Klunk in dash

Does anyone know what the clunking noise is on the left side of the dash on a 05 crew cab 1500? My buddy told me his and HIS friend both do it too.

Reply to
Hammbone

Is this a sound that "just happens" at random? Does it happen when you make changes to your climate control? Or is it related to bumps in the road?

Sorry if I'm not much help - My buddy has a 1500 but without crew cab. No clunk mention has come up. (I'd think they're exactly the same on the dash)

-WaV

Hammb> Does anyone know what the clunking noise is on the left side of the dash on

Reply to
wavy

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:51:29 +0000, Hammbone got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

Steering shaft?

I've heard many GM trucks have this issue.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Well, my K1500 has two clunks like that. One is heard when I set the air distribution controls to windscreen defrost (obviously air baffles flipping to divert air to the windscreen), the other is movement in the driver side door hinges when I hit the right sort of bump in the road.

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

The ISS needs greased.

Reply to
Eugene

Is the ISS anything like the ASS? ( sorry no ass greased here) :) No really what is the ISS? It could be the the steering shaft, It makes the noise when you hit bumps. and it does sound like that is where the noise is coming from.

Reply to
Hammbone