Need free usernet access

I hope that someone out there can lead me to the best free usernet access! I am switching internet providers, and am loosing the access to newsgroups. I am going through web based newsgroup now, but I would rather get a host to d/l from.

Thanks

Jody

Reply to
Jody P

Search on news.cis.dfn.de

It's free, though no binaries (if you want that sort of thing). I have used it for 2 years as my primary news provider, an for the most part, it has been reliable. No complaints on my end, as I'm getting a great value considering I have nothing invested in it.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

I think you can use "Google " Groups, I have you them many times. Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

news://136.183.11.24/alt.free.newsservers click on this link should open you news browser to alt.free.newsservers

then look thru mass of people talking about free stuff for the latest list of open servers...

if you don't mind paying easynews.com has a nice Usenet service $10 for 6 gig or one month (whichever comes 1st)

Reply to
john

check out

it's like $5 one time fee, then it's free forever. you can upgrade account so you can download more but they give you

Reply to
Motorbret

Your ISP should have a news server included. That is what I use, with no problems.

--

---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website:

Crooked-Ridez

Not all do. I was with MSN and they do a horrible job of newsgroups.

is who I recommend. $3.95 one time fee with free service or their pay server is many times better, $8.95 per month. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I'm using the tera news free service, and so far it is well worth the $4 set-up fee. I am not a big power user, I will probably never hit the 50M limit ever. Thanks for the help!

Jody

Reply to
Jody

Reply to