Tahoe Help

Considering purchasing a used Tahoe (1998 and newer) and wanted to know if there is anything or any year I should be particularly careful on?

Thanks for any help. John

Reply to
Amy Plansky

we have a 97 Tahoe LT with about 80,000 and we love it !!!! Super Neat Truck with a great ride ! Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

The Tahoe is awesome. I have had a 98 and now a 2002 Z71. We beat the hell out of that 98 and it took it all. With 4wd and rear limited slip it is a tank. the newer 2002 gets worse mileage than the 98. for some reason I got

18 mpg hwy in the 98 and I only get 14 or so now in the 02 Z72. Maybe because it has different gear ratios or something. Get the tahoe, you wont regret it. I also have a Jeep and a ford expedition. Both are great if you take care of them but the tahoe just takes a beating and doesnt break. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
sidewinder

I always check the TSBs first - to see what I'm getting "into".

Start with

and "drill-down" to car you want.
would be Tahoe '98 - you need to pick engine) Cheers, Fil

Reply to
Filip Gieszczykiewicz

Ive had my 98 2dr z71 since it had 9 miles on it. Its a great truck. Every vechicle has its quirks though. I was sad to see the 2 doors go. I dont know what Ill buy when I am ready, for just that reason. Not to start a debate.....but Ive used mobil1 since 6k miles, theres not even any junk on the cap. Ive got 77k now just blew my first ujoint. Ive also replaced all other fluids with synthetic, trans is next week. Only reall nagging problems were the slip yoke lube clunk(lube it or stay off the gas from a stop), and A/C. Ive had the compressor replace 3 times and numerous other A/C issues. Its been in every spring since Ive had it for A/C. This is my first out of warrenty. Other than that, great truck, big, powerful. TonyI

Reply to
Rokihora

OK, which would be the better truck for towing a 8000 lb. travel trailer, the Tahoe or Suburban. And why? Thanks in advance,.......

Reply to
Jonathan

Reply to
sidewinder

The suburbans longer wheel base and heavier body make it a better tow vehicle for 8k lbs. Weight distribution and trailer brakes are a must. The tahoe can handle the job but the suburban is a better tow vehicle. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
sidewinder

Reply to
Jonathan

Only reason I can think it would be better is it HAS to be heavier - but I don't think that would make a difference. Not like it's a light 1500 pulling a bob cat on a 25+ foot flat bed trailer with at least 2 10" tall I beams as the main support...... scary to drive along as he finds out just how fast he can go before he fishtails uncontrollably!

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ