Tahoe Remote Resynchronize

2003 Tahoe.

I swapped the battery in my remote keypad, and now I can't resynchronize it. I did the "hold-the-open-and-lock-buttons-down" reset a few times, and it worked, but only for about five more lock/unlocks, then it would stop working again.

This last time it stopped working, I tried the open/lock button trick, and now that doesn't work, either. Man, what the heck! Do I have to take it in and have a technician change the battery for me? That's one hell of an expensive battery.

Nothing in the manual and nothing I can find online says anything about how to reset the dang codes myself -- they mention the button trick, then say drop the $50 bucks for a technician if that doesn't work, so sorry.

Any hope I can find an answer here, other than the $50 gig?

- Saul

Reply to
saulgoode

This is for 2002 tahoe, but should be the same.

Transmitter Programming

1.Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once.

2.Hold down the keyless entry transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once.

3.Repeat step #2 for each additional keyless entry transmitter.

4.Turn the ignition on to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Programming is now complete.

Amazing that a dealership would charge $45 plus to do something that took awhole minute to do (For all four fobs)

Happy programming

Reply to
John