Warning Light in G20

Hi guys,

my 1992 Chevrolet G20 Van

has a problem.

Some weeks ago, the batery was drained due to a little interior light staying on in the sun visor. The battery was not very wel either, so it was dead. I jumpstarted with a spare battery and went for a drive. All went well. After a stop of one hour, it restarted on its own. The second trip after the stop, after some 30 km's the red warning light in the dash came on. It is a combined light and shows the Engine symbol, the Brake signal and the Park signal al together.

My mechanic had a good look but can not find the problem. We replaced the battery for a new one. There is good brake pressure. No leakage. It is not the parking brake, for if I depress that one, the light will double it's intensity and when I release it it will decrease intensity.

If we try to read the diagnosis by jumping the terminal, the code seems to point to a rear wheel 4x4 sensor, which I do not have as it is not a

4x4. The electric brake power control valve system is not newly available anymore, and a used one cost a lot but why should it be faulty ? Braking is very good.

What could be the problem ? How to diagnose?

Please help, al advise is appreciated

--

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

Could be a bad rear ABS sensor if it has rear wheel ABS. Sounds like what your seeing.

Reply to
Steve W.

Well, that is the funny part. This VAN has no ABS (as far as I know :-)

So any other suggestions ? What would such a sensor look like and how could I try to hot wire it for checking its function ?

Thomas

Reply to
Sir Dive-a-Lot

If your battery was dead it will have to be charged. This can't be done by driving, you need a proper auto charger, and it needs to be charged for at least 10 hours. If the battery was poor before being discharged you'll likely need a new battery, and it will have to be charged for several hours.

Reply to
Battleax