Where is this oil leak coming from? (96 S-10 4 cyl)

No brain no pain..... Bob

Reply to
Bob

::knock wood: Mine doesn't leak a thing, anymore.

My Jeep. .now there's another story.... but whenever it quits raining and warms up, I'll fix that....

message

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

A guy in Boot had that problem.

PRety funny, actually, seeing such a big fellow reduced to tears and walking funny.

Funnier still when he told us the solution-- the male orderly had to basically untwist his junk.

I think I'd have told the rest of us it was just a shot in the ass needed.

Oh wait......

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

Replace an entire motor for a $10 seal and a few hours labor? GREAT advice man!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

*sigh*

Where is Checkmate when you need him???

William The Guesser Wondering where Checkydoodles is...

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Took truck to Mr. Goodwrench today. He said it was oil pan gasket in front was leaking and replaced it. Also said PVC and a vacuum line should be replaced next time I take it in. Also, he showed me where a rock hit the oil pan which could have caused the gasket to go bad. Cost was $140.00. Hope that fixes things for another 150,0000 miles.

Thanks for all the ideas on this, kind of interesting reading anyhow....

Bud

Reply to
Bud Lite

Drop another motor in it. That one is shot.

Reply to
Joe Sprawling

amen bro on the pvc. now try pounding that into these hardheaded shadetree monkeys.

(pull the engine out and replace it) Huh! i would have expected that from dorkieo.

Reply to
Eee Eee

hey, explain that '+17 pounds of vacuum' thing, will ya ?

Reply to
TransSurgeon

. . snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net AKA (Eee=A0Eee)'s single mom......thinking his recent episodes of wearing her underwear and trying on her shoes..... thought the little feller would do well with some manly types for guidance.....took the "kid friendly" restriction off his play toy long enough to get him into a manly situation he hadn't been prepared for......where we now find him trying to prove his manhood with this spewing.......

amen bro on the pvc. now try pounding that into these hardheaded shadetree monkeys.

(pull the engine out and replace it) Huh! i would have expected that from dorkieo.

eee eee

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D hey paddle boy, anyone ever suggest yer name sounds remotely like the noises rumored to be heard down at the local jail......late at night ?????

Makes me wonder bout all that expert vac experience you got.

mm ~who's yer daddy?....~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Inline..........

Shit for brains, his oil pan gasket was bad, which was causing the leak, not the goddamned PCV valve.

That was Joe Sprawling's advice, which I thought was a bad idea. If you had more than 5 IQ points and a junior-kindergarten education you'd have figured that out.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Why don't you ping him over at alt.checkmate?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

got ol' Doc dorkieo talkn' to himself.

probably answer himself next...hee hee

Reply to
Eee Eee

hey, child

explain that '+17 pounds of vacuum'

Reply to
TransSurgeon

G,

He can't, but I'll bet he can explain the +17 pounds of vacume..............

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

i can't believe u 2 are this uneducated about engines. read paragraph 4 (PCV Valve) or have your mom read it for you.

Eee Eee

ATTRIBUTION

at-trib-bu'-shun

n.

1) the process of including the post to which one is replying, so that others may know to what you are responding

2) something that every poster with more than 2 working brain cells does automatically

3) an act that is apparently beyond your abilities

Reply to
TransSurgeon

Hell, I read the whole damn page and there's nothing there about "17+ lb's of vacume."

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I have read most of this thread and imho, you are all hateful, name-calling, bigoted, pompous asses.

And yes, I have a computer. I prefer WebTV for posting and for e-mail.

Save your nasty remarks, I will not be back. I doubt you can deal with _two_ WebTVers here and a wise friend once said in a post, "If a topic or poster offends you, leave'em light". Bias, prejudice and ignorance offend me mightily.

I have wasted too much time on childish "morons".

Reply to
Big O

u took the words right out of my mouth. i was just about to tell them the same thing... ty :)

Reply to
Eee Eee