02 cruiser 7yr 100k warranty Help!! Part 2

Sorry for the confusion before but after reading replys I guess I did not make myself clear what I needed.

My 02 white Pt Cruiser woodie was totalled when a moron pulled in front of me from a stop sign, out side of some bruised ribs I am ok, but My baby is not!! I already got a new 02 almond woodie and here is my problem.. My dealer is a total Jerk, and he read aloud to me from a computer screen where on the new car the powertrain warranty was transferrable at no charge, but it also said it was not on this car for some reason, so I called chrysler to ask about it and they said that the 7 yr 100k was not trasferrable but cars bought 4 days later ( my Luck) with the 7 year 70k miles were... but if the dealer had something that said it was they would reconsider.. I have left 7 mesages in 3 days for this dealer to call me and I know they will not.. Does anybody have an 02 that came with the 7 yr 100k warranty and if you do is there anyway you could email me a copy of it?? It is not in the manual it was an extra paper the dealer had to submit.. and it is not a purchased extended warranty.. Hope that clears it up.. sorry again. Thanks Sue..

Reply to
emartin

I think you are missing Chrysler's point (or I am missing yours). I think what Chyrsler is telling you is that if the dealer was confused and led you to buy the car by stating that it had the warranty, and you can prove it in writing, they will consider giving it to you. But your dealer isn't cooperating so you are probably out of luck unless you visit them and tell them that all you need is some proof of what they said and it won't cost them a nickel and will make you happy because Chrysler will grant you the warranty. Of course you may never get the same guy at the end of the Chrysler line next time so even with that prroof you may be out of luck.

Reply to
Art

no wonder people are confused, your question has NOTHING to do with your old car, so you didn't need to include any off that in your message, it sounded like you wanted your warranty transferred to your new car.

Reply to
Punch

I replied to you previously, it may not have shown up yet. Bottom line, the 7 year/100,000 mile warranty was NOT transferable, the later 7/70K was. If the car was covered under the 7/100K than when the previous owner sold it, the coverage lapsed.

Reply to
Carl

Punch, I said I was sorry.. guess all the meds they have me on for injuries from the crash have me babbling!!! I did get my information from another poster in a different forum..

Reply to
emartin