1994 LHS headlight daylight sensor does not work, lights always on

Hi,

Subject says is all. Where is the sensor? Is this a common problem? Please advise.

tia

Reply to
random electron

Hi..

I have one too... and fwiw in auto mine are *almost* always on. Sad to me is that it turns them on too soon, that in turn dims the dash lights, and I can no longer see the radio display. Thinks it's dusk long before I do :)

I think* the sensor is on the windshield side of the rear view mirror. Just for the heck of it now that you've reminded me, I'm gonna go clean it and see if that helps.

That extra "thing" that's part of the flashing red alarm led on the dash is the sunshine sensor, used only by the auto climate control.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ken is correct, it is part of the rear view mirror

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

"damnnickname" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Thanks everyone. I will go and check it out.

RandomE

Reply to
random electron

It must be a very common failing. I have two, and they both turn the lights on in broad daylight. The funny thing is, they will turn the lights off in dim daylight. If it's sunny out, or dark, the lights are on. Yours might be the same way and you just haven't noticed it yet.

I haven't tried to fix it, because I don't care, even one little bit.

Reply to
Joe