1995 Dodge Ram ABS Problems

Dodge experts:

I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 regular cab 4WD pickup with the

5.9L V8. The truck has a little over 91K miles on it, and the amber "ABS" light is now coming on. When the ABS light comes on, the red "BRAKE" light comes on too. I replaced the front disc brakes at 87K miles (rear brakes are original), and I checked the brake fluid level (and checked for fluid leaks) - it is fine. So, I am sure the red BRAKE light is tied to the ABS light. The truck stops fine and brakes normally, further supporting that the BRAKE light just supports the ABS light.

Any ideas what needs replacing to make the ABS light turn off? I am a relatively handy person used to using various tools - the hammer is my favorite tool!! :-)

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Regards,

Jeff Kolodziej snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Jeff Kolodziej

"Jeff Kolodziej" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9pCdnTrzcvBnF-bVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Only ABS light on has meaning only for this system.

Currently is the break warning light off? Have you checked the wheel speed sensors and the connectors to the sensors?

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis