1995 LeBaron Water pump advice

I am replacing the water pump on my car and was wondering if anyone has advice, tips, or whatever before I tackle this enormous project. I know I should replace the crank and cam seals as well as the timing belt while I am in there, but is there anything else?

Thanks!

Reply to
Ben Loveridge

Ben, what engine? I think the '95 was available with the 2.2L, 2.5L, and

3.0L. The 2.2 & 2.5 are the same externally. On the 3.0L the water pump is driven by the timing belt, so replacing it is more work. Regardless, I suggest you buy a factory service manual and not bother with the brand x ones. Having complete and accurate information will save you a lot of frustration.

HTH Giz

Reply to
Giz

There was only one engine option in 95 and it's the 3.0, but like you said, they are the same. I do have the Chilton and Haynes manuals already, you think it is that necessary to still get the factory manual? It costs $80 from the dealership. Just want to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks

Reply to
Ben Loveridge

There was only one engine option in 95 and it's the 3.0, but like you said,

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr