Plymuth Acclaim Turn Signal Problem

My right front parking light has both filaments go on with either right turn signal or headlights on when one filament is for each. When I turn on the turn signal, it stays on constant and will not flash. This is an intermittent problem that goes and comes without warning. What are likely causes ?

Reply to
Joe Versaggi

Bad ground. This is what is causing both filaments to light. Check the connection frmo ground lead at the lamp assembly where it attaches to the frame or body.

HTH Giz

Reply to
Giz

Reply to
Joe Versaggi

Bad grounds can do very strange and unpredictible stuff. It may mean no contact, or it may mean a very poor contact. Once with a bad ground I've had my trailer lights alternate back and forth with a turn signal on.

Reply to
Bill 2