2000 Durango power locks

On another topic, I'm looking for a diagram of the power lock mechanicals... the driver's door lock stopped working in a buddy's truck; not only does it not power-actuate, but it can't be manually locked either. I suspect the rod connecting to the actuator has come loose at that end and jammed against something...

Reply to
Matt Ion

mechanicals... the

What has probably happened is the actuator mote has locked up and will not allow the rod to move, you don't need a diagram. Just remove the door panel for inspection and you will see.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Ahh, that could be... I was going with my previous guess because that's what happened to one of the side doors in my wife's Grand Voyager.

Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to this Durango - I'm in Vancouver, the truck belongs to my buddy in Ottawa, so I'm kinda diagnosing remotely... all he's told me so far is that he's got the door panel off and the lock mechanism itself is inaccessible to him inside the door. I was hoping for a picture or something that I could go by to have a better "vision" of what he's looking at.

Thanks for the idea, I'll tell him to check that.

Reply to
Matt Ion