2001 pt cruiser

The # 1 & #3 plugs misfire.I have replaced the plugs and wires 3 xs and it runs ok for a week or so then starts to miss and hesitate. especially on exceleration.It seems to happen when the AC is on.Since the car does not have a distributor what could be the problem

Reply to
mlar5

What are the codes? Does the Engine light come on?

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Remember, Chrysler now recommends .04 and not .05 as the spark plug gap to avoid hesitation. Also, the recommended plug has been changed but I don't have the details at hand.

Richard

Reply to
Richard